Q:  I was in a car wreck, what should I do?
-  Contact the appropriate authorities
-  Go to the doctor, if you are hurt – do not wait!
-  Call your insurance company
-  Take pictures
-  Take names and contact information of witnesses
-  Consult with a Lawyer

Q:  How will I pay for medical bills?
(PIP) or personal injury protection, pays $10,000 per person
in medical bills or lost wages as a result of a car crash
regardless of who was at fault.

If you were a driver involved in a wreck, your insurance will
issue PIP benefits for you and any of your passengers.  If the
driver has no insurance, an injured passenger can receive PIP
benefits from their auto insurance company or any other plan
under which they are insured.  In cases where there is no
insurance, Kentucky has an assigned claims program to
provide PIP benefits to injured passengers.

Q:  How long do I have to file a lawsuit over a car
wreck in Kentucky?
Sometimes, filing a lawsuit is the only way to protect your

The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit for damages as a
result of a car wreck is 2 years from the date of the wreck
unless PIP payments were made.  If PIP payments were
made, the statute of limitations is 2 years from the last PIP

Failure to reach a settlement or file your lawsuit within the
statute of limitations period will likely mean you’ve lost your
chance to obtain damages.

Q:  Is there anything wrong with speaking to the other
side’s insurance carrier immediately after the wreck?

The statements you make immediately after a wreck can have
longstanding implications that impact your ability to recover
damages.  You may be jeopardizing your case if you let an
insurance company interview you without a lawyer.

Q:  What types of compensation can a victim of an
auto wreck recover?

General damages for a victim of an auto wreck or any type of
personal injury can include the following:

Medical Bills to date as a result of the wreck;
Future costs of caring for your injuries;
Physical and Mental Pain and Suffering;
Lost wages to date;
Impairment to earn wages in the future; and
Loss of Consortium.

However, every person injured in a wreck has a unique and
personal situation.  Please call me discuss the specifics of
your case.
Law Office of
Protect your rights ... Call
General Information about Motor Vehicle Wrecks
Call (859) 873-1001 or email: brad@bradslutskin.com